Consider the value you need versus the current offer to decide between the 12,900k and 13,900k.
Consider the value you need versus the current offer to decide between the 12,900k and 13,900k.
I've only reviewed items from reliable sources that provide honest feedback, avoiding any misleading data. I made sure to begin my evaluation yesterday to ensure accurate results and prevent biased outcomes. When I compared the video I saw recently with the official benchmarks released today, everything matched perfectly.
It seems puzzling why you'd prefer a less powerful processor for a similar cost. The impressive performance of the 13700k doesn't justify settling for something less capable.
I mean it's not $80 more. You're comparing an apple to an orange. Used vs new. It's like you don't get that you're making an unfair comparison and saying it's definitively better.
I'm not drawing an unfair comparison. The 12900k I received from a friend was only used for a month in his setup. He asked $400 for it, which is at least $100 less than the retail price. A 13700k would bring in around $449 before tax, about $480 after tax in my state—depending on the store. That’s an extra $80 minimum. While the 13700k seems better overall, it actually averages out to similar performance to the 12900k. Some games run faster, but the difference is only a few frames per second. I haven’t claimed the 12900k was superior.
If I were paying the full retail price for the 12900k, switching to the 13700k would make more sense. But with the offer I got, it wasn’t worth the extra time and money unless my board could handle a CPU upgrade and a BIOS update soon. The 13900k still looks good to me even if I have to wait for setup.
The main advantage of the 12900k was that I could pick it up and install it quickly—even in an hour. That’s something I’m trying to convey clearly.
Don’t let this matter too much. I’ve already decided on the 13900k. Your feedback was appreciated, but I didn’t mean to argue with you over something you’re not grasping. This whole discussion is based on being able to get a used 12900k for $400, not retail or above. If you don’t understand the details, especially about taxes, just stop arguing. And please, I never said the 12900k was better.
I’ll keep using my Z690 setup. I’ll have to wait a day or two for the BIOS update for the 13th-gen chips, but that’s fine. I’m not sure how long it’ll take for my pre-order to arrive with the processor.
Great, it looks like there are many 690 boards available. The Kingpin by EVGA was discounted a lot previously. I'm still figuring out what I need. The prices are really high right now.