You asked, "What do you think?" Feel free to share your perspective!
You asked, "What do you think?" Feel free to share your perspective!
Hello everyone, I was considering my next upgrade plans for my gaming setup. This isn't the first time I've been thinking about changing things, but it's just an idea I had recently. The other day I was thinking about buying the ROG Zenith II Extreme and possibly getting a budget first-generation Threaripper (like the 1920X for 200USD). Then I thought about upgrading the CPU in a few years to something like the 4th or 5th generation if possible. But then reality set in when I noticed they don't use the same socket. Now I'm also thinking about getting a high-end X570 motherboard and a 2700X processor. It might seem like a good idea to look it up online, but my current machine is something like this: Asus Rampage IV Extreme, i7 3930K, 6GB RAM. It's not extremely low power, but it's causing me trouble with Windows 10 and stable gaming—especially with the many crashes I've seen since installing Windows 10 and switching to an M.2 SSD. Yes, the RAM isn't enough, especially if I'm playing at 4K resolution and one module has failed. I'm not spending money on DDR3 just yet. Of course, it's always better to wait and see, especially with the uncertainty around Intel's upcoming release and the slowdown in prices due to the coronavirus situation. What do you all think? I don't expect a Threadripper Gen 3 chip to be affordable soon, since AMD seems to have moved up from the 3950X to the 3970X. Should I hold off? Would I notice a difference right away compared to my current setup? Thanks in advance for your advice.
Have you considered free solutions such as reinstalling Windows? Would you like some of what I'm offering?
I really want a Ryzen 5 3600 paired with a solid x570 setup. My goal is to get the best possible motherboard and RAM within my budget. I’m considering a VALVE INDEX but will hold off for now. My plan includes a $1,000 investment, focusing on CPU, board, and memory. Of course, I’m aware that the platform doesn’t support M.2 drives, Windows 10, or that’s why it’s happening. I’m also dealing with higher hardware prices in Europe because of the coronavirus situation, plus worries about Microsoft and Sony possibly delaying next-gen consoles. I think it’s a lot, but I won’t pay the full retail price, so I don’t expect new chips for me in about a year.