Upgrade immediately or wait (intel)
Upgrade immediately or wait (intel)
Hello! You're considering switching from an Intel i5 8600K to an Intel i7 11700K, but you're worried about the timing of Intel's upcoming releases. It might be wise to keep the i7 if you're hoping for better performance or features in the near future. Alternatively, a Ryzen 7 5800X could be a solid option depending on your needs. Think about what matters most—speed, power efficiency, or budget—and weigh your options carefully.
I’d hold onto it if I got a solid offer. The 11700K is expected to be a strong processor. It’s the i9 model that’s generating a lot of excitement.
I really hope I can get both for £351. The motherboard costs £299, but I'm a bit concerned about whether it's the best time to buy.