F5F Stay Refreshed Hardware Desktop Upgrade immediately or wait (intel)

Upgrade immediately or wait (intel)

Upgrade immediately or wait (intel)

O
Oiermessi
Junior Member
16
05-26-2021, 11:12 PM
#1
Hello! You're considering switching from an Intel i5 8600K to an Intel i7 11700K, but you're worried about the timing of Intel's upcoming releases. It might be wise to keep the i7 if you're hoping for better performance or features in the near future. Alternatively, a Ryzen 7 5800X could be a solid option depending on your needs. Think about what matters most—speed, power efficiency, or budget—and weigh your options carefully.
O
Oiermessi
05-26-2021, 11:12 PM #1

Hello! You're considering switching from an Intel i5 8600K to an Intel i7 11700K, but you're worried about the timing of Intel's upcoming releases. It might be wise to keep the i7 if you're hoping for better performance or features in the near future. Alternatively, a Ryzen 7 5800X could be a solid option depending on your needs. Think about what matters most—speed, power efficiency, or budget—and weigh your options carefully.

S
ScrappyJesus
Member
59
05-27-2021, 01:57 AM
#2
I’d hold onto it if I got a solid offer. The 11700K is expected to be a strong processor. It’s the i9 model that’s generating a lot of excitement.
S
ScrappyJesus
05-27-2021, 01:57 AM #2

I’d hold onto it if I got a solid offer. The 11700K is expected to be a strong processor. It’s the i9 model that’s generating a lot of excitement.

M
MinaMoo
Member
210
05-27-2021, 06:15 AM
#3
The price of £351 seems reasonable, especially with the MSI Z590i Unity included.
M
MinaMoo
05-27-2021, 06:15 AM #3

The price of £351 seems reasonable, especially with the MSI Z590i Unity included.

R
ReelFishn
Member
169
06-06-2021, 12:47 PM
#4
On certain platforms, the cost is still around 30 quid higher, whether the item was bundled or bought separately. Regardless, it seems like a reasonable deal overall.
R
ReelFishn
06-06-2021, 12:47 PM #4

On certain platforms, the cost is still around 30 quid higher, whether the item was bundled or bought separately. Regardless, it seems like a reasonable deal overall.

P
POKE_PRESLEY
Member
177
06-06-2021, 02:38 PM
#5
I really hope I can get both for £351. The motherboard costs £299, but I'm a bit concerned about whether it's the best time to buy.
P
POKE_PRESLEY
06-06-2021, 02:38 PM #5

I really hope I can get both for £351. The motherboard costs £299, but I'm a bit concerned about whether it's the best time to buy.