F5F Stay Refreshed Hardware Desktop The AMD EXPO issues remain unresolved—consider switching to Intel?

The AMD EXPO issues remain unresolved—consider switching to Intel?

The AMD EXPO issues remain unresolved—consider switching to Intel?

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
D
dorklad
Member
68
02-21-2023, 01:30 AM
#11
It's a really questionable build, similar to the low-cost DDR4 models from AMD and Intel attempting to run their 3600 CL16 stably. It's simply a poor choice with no real value.
D
dorklad
02-21-2023, 01:30 AM #11

It's a really questionable build, similar to the low-cost DDR4 models from AMD and Intel attempting to run their 3600 CL16 stably. It's simply a poor choice with no real value.

3
3Edge
Senior Member
718
02-22-2023, 02:11 PM
#12
No, actually I didn't catch that. It sounds like you meant to ask about whether the RAM issue is resolved or if EXPO is functioning properly.
3
3Edge
02-22-2023, 02:11 PM #12

No, actually I didn't catch that. It sounds like you meant to ask about whether the RAM issue is resolved or if EXPO is functioning properly.

S
Sentio_Cege
Member
246
02-22-2023, 11:12 PM
#13
Lie. Make up anything, that you are going with a different color scheme or something. Who cares. Return it.
S
Sentio_Cege
02-22-2023, 11:12 PM #13

Lie. Make up anything, that you are going with a different color scheme or something. Who cares. Return it.

E
EggsyDiamond
Member
166
02-23-2023, 02:42 AM
#14
I understand more now than I did 30 minutes ago. That counts as a win, even if it was based on your guess. I’ll wait a week and attempt to adjust the OC manually; if that doesn’t work, I’ll order G.SKILL and see if it makes a difference. In the worst case, I’ll return them and wait several months for the next BIOS update, hoping it will help.
E
EggsyDiamond
02-23-2023, 02:42 AM #14

I understand more now than I did 30 minutes ago. That counts as a win, even if it was based on your guess. I’ll wait a week and attempt to adjust the OC manually; if that doesn’t work, I’ll order G.SKILL and see if it makes a difference. In the worst case, I’ll return them and wait several months for the next BIOS update, hoping it will help.

F
feorne
Junior Member
42
03-11-2023, 12:29 AM
#15
If it's not the RAM, then I believe you're dealing with another issue unrelated to the platform itself. Personally, I wouldn't attribute this problem to the system broadly, since such occurrences are common. Overall, the situation has improved for AM5 now that we've moved past the initial panic over motherboard costs, though things can still go wrong and you might encounter a faulty component.
F
feorne
03-11-2023, 12:29 AM #15

If it's not the RAM, then I believe you're dealing with another issue unrelated to the platform itself. Personally, I wouldn't attribute this problem to the system broadly, since such occurrences are common. Overall, the situation has improved for AM5 now that we've moved past the initial panic over motherboard costs, though things can still go wrong and you might encounter a faulty component.

L
ladymorepork
Posting Freak
791
03-14-2023, 11:12 AM
#16
In Poland things aren't straightforward. To return something, you need a warranty claim. If it's fine, they won't accept it. They function properly without EXPO, and using EXPO voids the warranty. So I can't contact them saying: - EXPO isn't working I want to return the product. Or - RAM is working perfectly, I want to return it.
L
ladymorepork
03-14-2023, 11:12 AM #16

In Poland things aren't straightforward. To return something, you need a warranty claim. If it's fine, they won't accept it. They function properly without EXPO, and using EXPO voids the warranty. So I can't contact them saying: - EXPO isn't working I want to return the product. Or - RAM is working perfectly, I want to return it.

O
Oksywan
Junior Member
24
03-16-2023, 09:45 AM
#17
O
Oksywan
03-16-2023, 09:45 AM #17

M
MaddiBlake
Member
241
03-22-2023, 01:04 AM
#18
It could be a good attempt. In the worst situation, I'd just sell the kit and absorb the loss if G.SKILL ends up handling it. I'm tired of all the troubleshooting already.
M
MaddiBlake
03-22-2023, 01:04 AM #18

It could be a good attempt. In the worst situation, I'd just sell the kit and absorb the loss if G.SKILL ends up handling it. I'm tired of all the troubleshooting already.

S
SmileyMae17
Member
66
03-28-2023, 04:20 PM
#19
Consider the G.Skill path if you're interested. I'm really intrigued, and if it proves useful, it supports the notion to avoid Corsair DDR5 with AMD.
S
SmileyMae17
03-28-2023, 04:20 PM #19

Consider the G.Skill path if you're interested. I'm really intrigued, and if it proves useful, it supports the notion to avoid Corsair DDR5 with AMD.

O
OliverBlyth
Member
64
03-28-2023, 05:52 PM
#20
Absolutely excited about this! I’m hoping it won’t affect anyone else. I’m also wondering if this is related to a Corsair problem. I just placed an order for RAM and really appreciate your assistance. Thanks for being helpful—new here, but the quick replies are great!
O
OliverBlyth
03-28-2023, 05:52 PM #20

Absolutely excited about this! I’m hoping it won’t affect anyone else. I’m also wondering if this is related to a Corsair problem. I just placed an order for RAM and really appreciate your assistance. Thanks for being helpful—new here, but the quick replies are great!

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next