Purchase the Zen 2 chip immediately or hold off for Zen 3
Purchase the Zen 2 chip immediately or hold off for Zen 3
Hi, for your project around the £800 budget, a Zen 3 would likely be a good choice now since it offers solid performance for gaming and office tasks. The R3 3300X is a solid mid-range option, but you might want to wait for a Zen 3 equivalent if you can. Regarding the RX5600 XT, holding out for a RX 6000 or RTX 3060 could be worthwhile depending on your specific needs, but it depends on how much you value future upgrades.
I believe there will be a significant wait before a 4-core Zen 3 chip arrives. If you're not ready to wait until spring, it's better to invest in the 3300x now. Regarding GPUs, hold off until the 28th to check what AMD releases before making a decision. For the 3060, we should aim for spring.
Analyzing the figures AMD is presenting suggests strong interest in those CPUs. The expectation of delayed smaller core models adds uncertainty to the timeline. People should consider how much patience they're prepared for.
I’m weighing my options carefully. I’ll likely use a PC occasionally, but if I choose the 3300x, I’ll hold off until the Big Navi announcement. With Black Friday just around the corner, it might be a good time to buy.
Yes, while many Black Friday offers focus on storage and monitors, significant savings are rarely found on other parts.
Since I’m planning to purchase both items, I might hold off until then.