Is it time to act now or wait until Christmas for a better deal?
Is it time to act now or wait until Christmas for a better deal?
I’m considering getting her a 6650XT to swap in for the 1070 as a solid power boost (previous discussion). I’ve been keeping an eye on the Greatest Store on Earth, Microcenter, and they recently reinstated the 5600x3d bundle. Today it’s back and even cheaper by 10%! The total comes to $269... Should I go for it now or wait until Black Friday and Christmas sales? I have 30 days to decide, which is really tempting... It would be replacing a 10600K unit, and I’m drawn to the exclusivity.
I recommend proceeding immediately, I’d prefer the CPU to be present right now since it’s such a rare item.
I really believe it won't go any lower because the MSRP for the 5600X3D is $200, the RAM should be about $35, and the motherboard around $110–$120 (though it's an ASUS TUF so maybe $150), which adds up to roughly $390. I think you should grab a CPU cooler if it fits in your case. A Thermalright PA120 would be a good upgrade option.
It's the next point you're asking about. I own a 212 EVO on the 10600k, but haven't confirmed compatibility with the 5600x3d. I "believe" I still have the extra components, I just need to locate them. Yes, I'm hoping for it. I'll pick it up and hold it, but I don't see a way to get it for less than $249 unless they raise the price to around $250.
The 212 Evo would likely work with the 5600X3D, though it’s safer to choose the ThermalRight PA120 SE. It’s just a bit cheaper and more reliable, even though Black Friday is near.
The 212 EVO functions properly even with the 5800x3D setup (I verified it myself), meaning it should work well on a 5600x3D as well.