F5F Stay Refreshed Hardware Desktop Increasing resolution from 5800x to 5700x3d

Increasing resolution from 5800x to 5700x3d

Increasing resolution from 5800x to 5700x3d

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
M
MaxIsTriggred
Member
110
11-30-2021, 01:02 AM
#11
You possess a solid 5800X equipped with a PBO OC...
M
MaxIsTriggred
11-30-2021, 01:02 AM #11

You possess a solid 5800X equipped with a PBO OC...

B
bajingirl32
Member
54
12-07-2021, 06:05 AM
#12
It would be a side-grade, not an upgrade. The 5700X3D's biggest weakness is that it's clocked a good bit lower than the 5800X3D, and you've got an overclocked 5800X. In games that benefit from clockspeed, you'd likely see a regression in performance. At this point, I think your best move is either to wait for better CPUs, or go to AM5 with a 7800X3D. Anything lesser than that isn't going to be that big of a boost.
B
bajingirl32
12-07-2021, 06:05 AM #12

It would be a side-grade, not an upgrade. The 5700X3D's biggest weakness is that it's clocked a good bit lower than the 5800X3D, and you've got an overclocked 5800X. In games that benefit from clockspeed, you'd likely see a regression in performance. At this point, I think your best move is either to wait for better CPUs, or go to AM5 with a 7800X3D. Anything lesser than that isn't going to be that big of a boost.

M
Malte_1300
Junior Member
4
12-07-2021, 07:10 AM
#13
Thats more common when comparing GPU's, but theres more info in the link
M
Malte_1300
12-07-2021, 07:10 AM #13

Thats more common when comparing GPU's, but theres more info in the link

O
Oh_Choppa
Junior Member
17
12-07-2021, 08:15 AM
#14
O
Oh_Choppa
12-07-2021, 08:15 AM #14

S
SmashBeaz
Member
131
12-07-2021, 09:14 AM
#15
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. The main difference is the prices I found: 5700x3d for 270 CAD and a 5800x3d at 410 CAD. It seems like it could offer a 10-20% boost based on some tests. Still, I’m not having any issues running my 5800x and 6800 at 1440p. Even a small extra of 20 fps might matter. Or should I wait for something like the 9700x3d and move to AM5 eventually? Definitely more expensive, but could it be worth it? New features are exciting too. Probably better to hold off unless I really need something. I don’t think I’m stuck right now.
S
SmashBeaz
12-07-2021, 09:14 AM #15

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. The main difference is the prices I found: 5700x3d for 270 CAD and a 5800x3d at 410 CAD. It seems like it could offer a 10-20% boost based on some tests. Still, I’m not having any issues running my 5800x and 6800 at 1440p. Even a small extra of 20 fps might matter. Or should I wait for something like the 9700x3d and move to AM5 eventually? Definitely more expensive, but could it be worth it? New features are exciting too. Probably better to hold off unless I really need something. I don’t think I’m stuck right now.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2