Feeling uncertain about upgrading to a new PC while thinking about the next generation is approaching 🤔
Feeling uncertain about upgrading to a new PC while thinking about the next generation is approaching 🤔
Hi, i am planning to build a new PC and have almost everything i need on my list below is the list. Motherboard [Msi mag z690 tomahawk ddr4 wifi] CPU [ Intel Core i7 12700kf non uhd 770] RAM [ G. Skill trident neo 16x2 3600mhz DDR4] SSD [ samsung nvme 980 pro 1tb] PSU [ MSI 850 watt plus gold] AIO [ Lian li galahad 240 or 360] confused on which one to buy. Cabinet [ Lian li lancool 2 mesh RGB with type C] GPU [ MSI rtx 3080 ventus/ gaming X trio] Most Confused here Finally graphics card is what I'm most concerned about. Should i get a RTX 3080 right now or wait a bit more to get a RTX 4000 series card? Or do i even built a PC right now or wait it out? I was initially going for ryzen 9 5900x but decided to switch to intel i7 12700kf as it's better value for money. I'm afraid ryzen 7000 series paired with DDR5 only might come out as an expensive investment. I think i don't need ddr 5 ram at all cuz it may still be buggy and expensive no? Plzz help me
I’d prefer to hold off on the Ryzen 7000 and the newer 4000 series GPUs. It really comes down to your needs—do you require a PC right away, or could you wait another few months?
The upcoming Ryzen chips are expected soon, so I’ll hold off on the CPU purchase. GPUs remain uncertain—possibly in October, November or December—but the market is still saturated with new and used options. If you need one now, consider playing Spider-Man or another game instead. I’d wait for the CPU release before committing, hoping it meets your needs. Personally, I upgraded my PC last month after finding a great deal on a secondhand GPU and a recent Asus TUF RX 6800 XT at a lower price than the RTX 3070. Playing Spider-Man was a priority, so I didn’t wait for the next generation, but might wish otherwise later.
Just because it's out doesn't guarantee immediate availability after release. Some people still purchase new versions to sell them at a higher price, and depending on your gaming needs, it might be worth waiting. As someone mentioned in other comments, if you can hold off for at least three months, you might be able to wait. If not, consider buying this one instead.
Well honestly, I can wait another few months or maybe a couple more. It's been waiting about seven years now. I built my first PC when I was in 11th standard. All those specs would have cost around less than $1500. I live in India, so roughly two lakh rupees. GPU prices here are really high, and I'm a bit worried what if new models come out and become too expensive. Maybe the current Intel and AMD stuff will get more valuable, especially for the next generation. But what if they raise prices on existing models too? I've seen retailers do that a lot, so I might end up stuck in the middle—either missing out on the newest ones or paying more for what's available.
You're right, it's quite surprising how prices vary so much. In India, the RX 5800 XT is around $750, while an RTX 3080 is nearly $1,000. Prices are still high compared to what you see in the US and Europe, even though they're slowly going down there.
Usually, it takes longer in places outside the USA before new models arrive or prices drop. I’m from Southeast Asia, so I’m used to seeing 3080 around 900-1k depending on the brand and model. If you’re after the latest versions, expect a wait of more than four months. Unless you’re okay with paying a higher price. For 3080, Gaming X Trio seems to offer better cooling than the Ventus one.
In that situation, considering you're in India where prices are higher and Western drops don't apply locally, I'd hold off for a while before the next AMD release. I think CPUs might drop slightly then, making now a better time to buy. I imagine your market behaves similarly—new tech launches months after the US, with prices remaining extremely high. So the wait could be longer than expected and may not be worthwhile. Regarding components, for CPUs I'd lower the price to around 12600K and opt for the 3080 12GB Ti, though the 10GB version is noticeably slower than the 12GB. For your needs, focus more on the GPU (CMIIW) and allocate a bit more budget there.