Compare 9850X3D with Cache or opt for 9800X3D
Compare 9850X3D with Cache or opt for 9800X3D
Absolutely, that's why I needed to test multiple 13900KS units before settling on one that works with 7600. The remaining ones will fail even after just two minutes of testing. It seems a fresh 13900KS or 14900K might not be compatible at all for me.
Well, seems like you're set in doing this then. The 9950X3D isn't coming until next year, but if you can wait, it might be good. Also, there's no guarantee your 7600MT/s RAM will work with AMD either. AMD isn't known for their great support for high speed RAM after all.
Running my 7600 at 6000 or 6200 CL30 won't work. I won't use the AM5's 2:1 boost. The Z790 Hero is performing great, so I'd only offer a new 13900KS back to those who need it. I'll never give away a damaged or faulty CPU.
Lately I've been randomly picking numbers, still not finalized. Should I hold off for a 9850x3D or go with the 9800x3D? The Intel RMA might need 2-3 weeks. Once it's done, it'll be sold as a CPU/mobo combo.
thinking it’s insane to pay over 600 when an RMA could give you a working chip without further wear, especially with modern microcode. That amount could be better invested elsewhere.