F5F Stay Refreshed Hardware Desktop Compare 9850X3D with Cache or opt for 9800X3D

Compare 9850X3D with Cache or opt for 9800X3D

Compare 9850X3D with Cache or opt for 9800X3D

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
M
Mitas211
Member
124
05-20-2022, 08:19 PM
#11
I’m likely to resell the Z790 Hero, return the 13900KS, and get a good deal. Even with a $500–$600 refund, it’ll still be a solid return.
M
Mitas211
05-20-2022, 08:19 PM #11

I’m likely to resell the Z790 Hero, return the 13900KS, and get a good deal. Even with a $500–$600 refund, it’ll still be a solid return.

R
RagadaPower
Member
55
05-21-2022, 05:13 AM
#12
Absolutely, that's why I needed to test multiple 13900KS units before settling on one that works with 7600. The remaining ones will fail even after just two minutes of testing. It seems a fresh 13900KS or 14900K might not be compatible at all for me.
R
RagadaPower
05-21-2022, 05:13 AM #12

Absolutely, that's why I needed to test multiple 13900KS units before settling on one that works with 7600. The remaining ones will fail even after just two minutes of testing. It seems a fresh 13900KS or 14900K might not be compatible at all for me.

1
10riley17
Member
185
05-22-2022, 06:58 AM
#13
Well, seems like you're set in doing this then. The 9950X3D isn't coming until next year, but if you can wait, it might be good. Also, there's no guarantee your 7600MT/s RAM will work with AMD either. AMD isn't known for their great support for high speed RAM after all.
1
10riley17
05-22-2022, 06:58 AM #13

Well, seems like you're set in doing this then. The 9950X3D isn't coming until next year, but if you can wait, it might be good. Also, there's no guarantee your 7600MT/s RAM will work with AMD either. AMD isn't known for their great support for high speed RAM after all.

T
tHeW0lfGirl
Member
108
06-09-2022, 05:57 PM
#14
Running my 7600 at 6000 or 6200 CL30 won't work. I won't use the AM5's 2:1 boost. The Z790 Hero is performing great, so I'd only offer a new 13900KS back to those who need it. I'll never give away a damaged or faulty CPU.
T
tHeW0lfGirl
06-09-2022, 05:57 PM #14

Running my 7600 at 6000 or 6200 CL30 won't work. I won't use the AM5's 2:1 boost. The Z790 Hero is performing great, so I'd only offer a new 13900KS back to those who need it. I'll never give away a damaged or faulty CPU.

H
Hobo_Cake
Junior Member
13
06-09-2022, 07:25 PM
#15
Based on my observations, bundling a CPU with a motherboard was significantly simpler than selling them individually. You could potentially save $20–$50, but I’d prefer the bundle over waiting another few weeks for a sale.
H
Hobo_Cake
06-09-2022, 07:25 PM #15

Based on my observations, bundling a CPU with a motherboard was significantly simpler than selling them individually. You could potentially save $20–$50, but I’d prefer the bundle over waiting another few weeks for a sale.

N
179
06-10-2022, 06:45 PM
#16
Lately I've been randomly picking numbers, still not finalized. Should I hold off for a 9850x3D or go with the 9800x3D? The Intel RMA might need 2-3 weeks. Once it's done, it'll be sold as a CPU/mobo combo.
N
NicknameNumber
06-10-2022, 06:45 PM #16

Lately I've been randomly picking numbers, still not finalized. Should I hold off for a 9850x3D or go with the 9800x3D? The Intel RMA might need 2-3 weeks. Once it's done, it'll be sold as a CPU/mobo combo.

B
ByDark_Dragon
Junior Member
11
06-18-2022, 01:10 PM
#17
thinking it’s insane to pay over 600 when an RMA could give you a working chip without further wear, especially with modern microcode. That amount could be better invested elsewhere.
B
ByDark_Dragon
06-18-2022, 01:10 PM #17

thinking it’s insane to pay over 600 when an RMA could give you a working chip without further wear, especially with modern microcode. That amount could be better invested elsewhere.

P
PartyLrd
Junior Member
4
06-18-2022, 08:31 PM
#18
Did not seek financial or saving guidance.
P
PartyLrd
06-18-2022, 08:31 PM #18

Did not seek financial or saving guidance.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2