F5F Stay Refreshed Hardware Desktop 9900k plus Z390 Godlike

9900k plus Z390 Godlike

9900k plus Z390 Godlike

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
B
Barackouda1
Member
82
09-21-2021, 04:39 AM
#1
i'm currently running 8700k on a z370 mobo with 1080ti sli. i have a brand new z390 godlike and a 9900k still unopened. should i sell the godlike and 9900k, and pay more to get 5950x and x570 mobo, or install the 9900k on the godlike, and migrate other components from the 8700k pc? OR just keep running the 8700k until ddr5 stabilizes or 5nm cpu's become mainstream? i don't really need an upgrade right now, the 8700k is still meeting my needs, but it's just that the 9900k and the z390 have been sitting there collecting dust for a while. thanks.
B
Barackouda1
09-21-2021, 04:39 AM #1

i'm currently running 8700k on a z370 mobo with 1080ti sli. i have a brand new z390 godlike and a 9900k still unopened. should i sell the godlike and 9900k, and pay more to get 5950x and x570 mobo, or install the 9900k on the godlike, and migrate other components from the 8700k pc? OR just keep running the 8700k until ddr5 stabilizes or 5nm cpu's become mainstream? i don't really need an upgrade right now, the 8700k is still meeting my needs, but it's just that the 9900k and the z390 have been sitting there collecting dust for a while. thanks.

R
ReyxStor
Member
133
09-25-2021, 07:30 PM
#2
Since you have it, use it right away. Skip the chipset drivers before changing boards. Consider DDR5 later. Not quite there yet.
R
ReyxStor
09-25-2021, 07:30 PM #2

Since you have it, use it right away. Skip the chipset drivers before changing boards. Consider DDR5 later. Not quite there yet.

M
Mickael_Park
Member
216
10-04-2021, 11:52 PM
#3
Did you mean to place the 8700K on the Z390 board or add the 9900K to it and move components from the 8700K PC?
M
Mickael_Park
10-04-2021, 11:52 PM #3

Did you mean to place the 8700K on the Z390 board or add the 9900K to it and move components from the 8700K PC?

T
TheGamingWiz
Member
185
10-05-2021, 02:50 AM
#4
The 9900k chip is still a solid choice. It can handle higher temperatures after overclocking. I recommend moving the 8700k configuration to a new motherboard and CPU. Hold off on upgrading to DDR5 until you're ready for that change.
T
TheGamingWiz
10-05-2021, 02:50 AM #4

The 9900k chip is still a solid choice. It can handle higher temperatures after overclocking. I recommend moving the 8700k configuration to a new motherboard and CPU. Hold off on upgrading to DDR5 until you're ready for that change.

C
CloudedKiller
Junior Member
9
10-06-2021, 05:44 PM
#5
It mainly depends on the price you receive. If your earnings exceed a 5800x+mobo threshold, consider selling. It gets better if it's higher than 5900x.
C
CloudedKiller
10-06-2021, 05:44 PM #5

It mainly depends on the price you receive. If your earnings exceed a 5800x+mobo threshold, consider selling. It gets better if it's higher than 5900x.

S
SarityJr
Member
175
10-08-2021, 12:27 PM
#6
I would execute the 9900K and the divine.
S
SarityJr
10-08-2021, 12:27 PM #6

I would execute the 9900K and the divine.

B
BenTGreat
Senior Member
437
10-08-2021, 12:37 PM
#7
Could these items gain value over time as collectibles?
B
BenTGreat
10-08-2021, 12:37 PM #7

Could these items gain value over time as collectibles?

G
Gagsu
Member
195
10-08-2021, 01:12 PM
#8
The board seems to matter more than the chip itself. I believe the 8086K would be a great collectible here.
G
Gagsu
10-08-2021, 01:12 PM #8

The board seems to matter more than the chip itself. I believe the 8086K would be a great collectible here.

S
SoiKei
Member
126
10-08-2021, 02:05 PM
#9
Stock 9900k stays quite cool. Even a messy cryorig can handle it.
S
SoiKei
10-08-2021, 02:05 PM #9

Stock 9900k stays quite cool. Even a messy cryorig can handle it.

B
BurryPetya
Member
69
10-09-2021, 06:03 AM
#10
since i don't really need the upgrade at the moment, i've been considering keeping them in the box for now. maybe their worth will increase when new cpus are released.
B
BurryPetya
10-09-2021, 06:03 AM #10

since i don't really need the upgrade at the moment, i've been considering keeping them in the box for now. maybe their worth will increase when new cpus are released.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next