Should I modify any aspects of my Video Editing PC Build for Premiere Pro?
Should I modify any aspects of my Video Editing PC Build for Premiere Pro?
I mainly work with complex mogrt files (motion graphics templates) in Premiere Pro.
Here are my components for my "new build":
CPU - i9 12900k,
GPU - 4060ti 16gb GPU,
Mobo - Msi Pro Z790-P motherboard, ATX,
Ram - Kingston Fury Beast RAM 64 GB (2×32GB) at 6000Mhz, CL 30,
Storage - Two 1tb Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 NVMe SSDs (one for OS, media, and another for media cache),
Cooler - Any suitable 360 AIO liquid water cooler,
PSU - Corsair 850W 80+Gold Fully Modular PSU,
Monitor - 27-inch 2k monitor (2560x1440).
My questions are:
1) Will these parts cause significant bottlenecks or thermal throttling?
2) Can you recommend additional components to enhance video playback speed, rendering performance, and export quality while editing in Premiere Pro? I mostly edit mogrt - motion graphics templates.
What are the costs for these components, and does this amount align with your budget's boundary? How quickly should you proceed? Is there a possibility to delay the purchase by 60 days?
Well...........it seems you're thinking about Intel CPUs.
A new lineup is coming soon, with the best guess being late October.
It's called the Core Ultra 200 series, built on a completely different socket. Expect new motherboards.
Looks like the initial models will be K series, likely swapping in for the current i5-14600K, i7-14700K, and i9-14900K. More details expected early next year.
Performance details are still unclear until the product is officially released and tested, but you can find some ideas and basic data through a quick web search.
https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-u...tober-10th
The revised timeline after October 10 should be about a week or two later.
If you purchase an i9 12900k and an MSI Pro Z790-P motherboard, you might encounter issues down the line depending on compatibility.
Any issues are quite vague. The future is far-reaching. You might face immediate challenges because of hardware quality control or you could enjoy a perfect life. I’m unfamiliar with mogrt files; they probably wouldn’t be a big deal on a 12900K, honestly. In general, I’d aim for the most powerful processor in my budget that meets my needs. It’s hard to say what would really upset you. If you’re willing to wait 60 days and need an Intel chip, I think the 12900K is likely your choice—unless you’ve already dismissed the 13000 and 14000 models for some reason.
I am declining the Intel 14th series due to stability and oxidation concerns. Additionally, there are few reports about i9 12900k having issues, so I intend to purchase them.
Yeah, there is that issue.
It's up to you. I'd wait, just to leave a path for upgrading CPUs on the new socket. But you have your own situation to deal with. Gaining 10 percent on performance might not matter to you at all. Or you might wish you had waited.