F5F Stay Refreshed Hardware Desktop Decision: Available immediately or scheduled for later.

Decision: Available immediately or scheduled for later.

Decision: Available immediately or scheduled for later.

C
CyonaticGant
Junior Member
46
03-08-2023, 07:36 PM
#1
I'm tracking Zen 4 prices across Europe with all taxes in mind. The 7950X is around 622 EUR, while the 7600X at 259E is a solid deal. I retired my Zen 3 5800X last summer thinking about upgrading to Zen 4, but it's still quite costly. I really value having upgrade options—13th is decent but lacks future features if needed. A Zen 4 combo would be expensive, though AMD has committed to 3-year support for the platform. I doubt the 7800X3D will drop below 480 EUR or the 7950X3D under 900 EUR, since AMD typically prices based on performance. Maybe it's time to consider getting either the 7600X or 7950X now? The 14th release isn't on the radar either.
C
CyonaticGant
03-08-2023, 07:36 PM #1

I'm tracking Zen 4 prices across Europe with all taxes in mind. The 7950X is around 622 EUR, while the 7600X at 259E is a solid deal. I retired my Zen 3 5800X last summer thinking about upgrading to Zen 4, but it's still quite costly. I really value having upgrade options—13th is decent but lacks future features if needed. A Zen 4 combo would be expensive, though AMD has committed to 3-year support for the platform. I doubt the 7800X3D will drop below 480 EUR or the 7950X3D under 900 EUR, since AMD typically prices based on performance. Maybe it's time to consider getting either the 7600X or 7950X now? The 14th release isn't on the radar either.

C
CyberSubZero
Member
50
03-08-2023, 08:19 PM
#2
I’d opt for the 7600X now and switch to a more powerful 3D CPU later. You’ll always keep less money out of the sale on a lower tier CPU compared to a higher one. If prices stay consistent over three to four months, cutting the 7600 by just €30 will make it easy to part with it, whereas selling the 7950X would require losing at least €100. A smaller upfront cost means a smaller loss—perfect for planning a future upgrade.
C
CyberSubZero
03-08-2023, 08:19 PM #2

I’d opt for the 7600X now and switch to a more powerful 3D CPU later. You’ll always keep less money out of the sale on a lower tier CPU compared to a higher one. If prices stay consistent over three to four months, cutting the 7600 by just €30 will make it easy to part with it, whereas selling the 7950X would require losing at least €100. A smaller upfront cost means a smaller loss—perfect for planning a future upgrade.