F5F Stay Refreshed Hardware Desktop Consider upgrading to the i5-13500 now or hold off on the i5-13400 decision.

Consider upgrading to the i5-13500 now or hold off on the i5-13400 decision.

Consider upgrading to the i5-13500 now or hold off on the i5-13400 decision.

F
fish1029
Member
56
04-27-2022, 12:20 AM
#1
Those uncertain times, I’m trying to weigh my options. I have everything except the CPU. Should I hold out for the 13500? I’m not confident the price will stay the same, or maybe go for the 13400 and be satisfied. In the bigger picture, I think I’ll miss the difference and just save a few dollars on a burger.
F
fish1029
04-27-2022, 12:20 AM #1

Those uncertain times, I’m trying to weigh my options. I have everything except the CPU. Should I hold out for the 13500? I’m not confident the price will stay the same, or maybe go for the 13400 and be satisfied. In the bigger picture, I think I’ll miss the difference and just save a few dollars on a burger.

F
FischersMaxe
Junior Member
13
04-27-2022, 01:02 AM
#2
The 13500 model is already released, but the stock situation remains weak. HardwareUnboxed recently posted a video about the 13400, which matches the performance of a 12600K at a better price point. The 13400 doesn’t include UHD 770 graphics. Stick with the 12600K if you have a locked motherboard. If you really want the additional 4 E-cores and UHD 770, consider waiting or saving for the 13600K.
F
FischersMaxe
04-27-2022, 01:02 AM #2

The 13500 model is already released, but the stock situation remains weak. HardwareUnboxed recently posted a video about the 13400, which matches the performance of a 12600K at a better price point. The 13400 doesn’t include UHD 770 graphics. Stick with the 12600K if you have a locked motherboard. If you really want the additional 4 E-cores and UHD 770, consider waiting or saving for the 13600K.

P
Powerbaby
Junior Member
29
05-03-2022, 08:42 PM
#3
It's not that simple. It's intended for a Blue Iris/office apps setup. The 12600K price has likely increased (checked via NewEgg), surpassing the 13400. Being over budget already makes the 13600K tough to justify, though I'd look into it if prices stay stable. The 13500 would have been ideal at this point, but it wasn't available. Thanks for your feedback—I'm gaining more knowledge.
P
Powerbaby
05-03-2022, 08:42 PM #3

It's not that simple. It's intended for a Blue Iris/office apps setup. The 12600K price has likely increased (checked via NewEgg), surpassing the 13400. Being over budget already makes the 13600K tough to justify, though I'd look into it if prices stay stable. The 13500 would have been ideal at this point, but it wasn't available. Thanks for your feedback—I'm gaining more knowledge.