5700X3D FOMO?
5700X3D FOMO?
Currently the 5700X3D offers a solid deal at Microcenter and on Aliexpress. However, I'm curious about its future value. The prices for the 5600X3D and 5800X3D have already risen significantly from their previous levels. My 5600X unit isn’t urgent for an upgrade, but I’m worried if I plan to upgrade in six months, will those prices surge again? If so, the older AM4 X3D chip costs might become very expensive, making a Microcenter bundle on AM5 more appealing. So here’s the dilemma: act now or wait and see? If it turns out all the old AM4 X3D prices get extremely high, a Microcenter package for AM5 could make more sense anyway. The decision is definitely up in the air.
It depends on what you have available. If you can spare $200 right now, I’d consider it. I always do. It’s tough for people to say yes or no because we’re not exactly like them. I don’t know your earnings, saving habits, or other requirements. Regarding stocks running out? There’s AM5 available. That means you still have choices. How long will a 5700X3D last? I’m not sure either. There are too many unknowns, so I’ll just say... if your profile looks like you, you’d already purchased it.
If you don’t plan a full platform overhaul in the next 1-2 years, proceed. The $200 part minus the $80 for your 5600x brings you under $150, delivering big performance gains and possibly buying you time before the next generation arrives. Unless you’re starting fresh or urgently need the newest specs (which would make this less relevant), there’s little reason to upgrade from AM4. If you aim for over 240fps, the 5700x3d will likely be a meaningful step and delay a full rebuild for another year or more. If it just costs $150, go ahead.