F5F Stay Refreshed Hardware Desktop 3600 or 2700x at a price of $120

3600 or 2700x at a price of $120

3600 or 2700x at a price of $120

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
G
GamerPix
Member
63
02-04-2023, 10:47 AM
#21
I might not always be right, so I wouldn't claim otherwise.
G
GamerPix
02-04-2023, 10:47 AM #21

I might not always be right, so I wouldn't claim otherwise.

X
XxNekoSenpaixX
Junior Member
39
02-04-2023, 01:47 PM
#22
chill dude
X
XxNekoSenpaixX
02-04-2023, 01:47 PM #22

chill dude

R
RS923
Member
135
02-04-2023, 02:28 PM
#23
This perspective is quite reasonable, but it's important to keep in mind similar considerations. The future remains uncertain, and sometimes prioritizing short-term savings can lead to greater expenses later on. I recall my previous project where I frequently switched between a 1070 and a 1080 Ti. There was roughly a $250 price gap at the time, and eventually I decided against the 1080 Ti using the reasoning you provided. I assumed that Nvidia’s upcoming 2080 Ti would cost almost the same as the current 1080 Ti, unaware that it would be about 30% more expensive. I wonder if investing the $250 now for a 1080 Ti would have saved me $600 in the long run, given the performance I’d receive. Even worse, I might have missed out on the extra benefits of the 1080 Ti for so long. In short, it seems you have to decide which issues matter most. If someone spent an additional $120 now for a current-gen X570 with PCI 4.0 support and a 3600 MHz card, they might find they don’t need a new GPU or CPU in three to four years. Simply upgrading the existing card would suffice. Regardless, there’s always risk involved, but with the outlook by late 2020 suggesting most gaming GPUs will adopt PCI 4.0, it might be safer to invest now rather than later.
R
RS923
02-04-2023, 02:28 PM #23

This perspective is quite reasonable, but it's important to keep in mind similar considerations. The future remains uncertain, and sometimes prioritizing short-term savings can lead to greater expenses later on. I recall my previous project where I frequently switched between a 1070 and a 1080 Ti. There was roughly a $250 price gap at the time, and eventually I decided against the 1080 Ti using the reasoning you provided. I assumed that Nvidia’s upcoming 2080 Ti would cost almost the same as the current 1080 Ti, unaware that it would be about 30% more expensive. I wonder if investing the $250 now for a 1080 Ti would have saved me $600 in the long run, given the performance I’d receive. Even worse, I might have missed out on the extra benefits of the 1080 Ti for so long. In short, it seems you have to decide which issues matter most. If someone spent an additional $120 now for a current-gen X570 with PCI 4.0 support and a 3600 MHz card, they might find they don’t need a new GPU or CPU in three to four years. Simply upgrading the existing card would suffice. Regardless, there’s always risk involved, but with the outlook by late 2020 suggesting most gaming GPUs will adopt PCI 4.0, it might be safer to invest now rather than later.

A
ALargeBoulder
Member
58
02-04-2023, 04:46 PM
#24
The MB handles the 2700/2700x configuration, yet this setup isn't compatible with PCI 4.0 devices, meaning you wouldn't be able to connect any PCI 4.0-only equipment when pairing a 2700 with an x570 MB.
A
ALargeBoulder
02-04-2023, 04:46 PM #24

The MB handles the 2700/2700x configuration, yet this setup isn't compatible with PCI 4.0 devices, meaning you wouldn't be able to connect any PCI 4.0-only equipment when pairing a 2700 with an x570 MB.

X
Xindis_
Member
249
02-05-2023, 05:04 AM
#25
We'll connect it with a Zen 2+ or Zen 3 CPU later.
X
Xindis_
02-05-2023, 05:04 AM #25

We'll connect it with a Zen 2+ or Zen 3 CPU later.

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3